my 9 new rules for taking care of a barfy child
(to stop focusing on my vomit phobia)
- stay on top of the laundry. with a limited number of sleepers that fit, it’s the thing to do.
- a spray bottle of vinegar water and vigilance are my friends.
- stay busy (see number 1 and 2).
- put away all hand wovens and 100% favourite wool things.
- imagine myself as a nurse instead of a stressed mama (this will help me feel noble and keep my cool).
- if playing with the phone or laptop keeps us both calm and busy for a time, consider it a victory.
- let kid eat if he shows interest. some of it is bound to stay down at some point and might help fight big crankiness.
- be grateful that this happens so seldom and that kiddo is weaned (perma-nursing a barfing child almost did me in this time last year).
- fight urge to announce our month long quarantine to the world. it’ll get a few chuckles but it’s still over-the-top.